Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:02:46 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [OT] Trying to build some software....

Hello,

Off topic?  Maybe.

I'm trying to build some software that has a port... yet the code I'm
attempting to build is a *later* cvs snapshot.

I'm trying to build it using the instructions on the originators
website, not by using the port.

When I run ./autogen.sh...  it ends with the following:
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking jpeglib.h usability... no
checking jpeglib.h presence... no
checking for jpeglib.h... no
configure: error: "Cannot find jpeglib.h. Make sure your CFLAGS
environment variable contains include lines for the location of this file"

I *do* have jpeglib.h in /usr/local/include, yet modifying CFLAGS has no
effect.  Nor does modifying CPPFLAGS (as the port does, I think).

Presently my make.conf has in it:
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe

On someone's advice I tried setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH as well.  But no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Regards,
Eric