Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:45:53 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Bill Baird <gick@netzero.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: getting on the internet

On Friday 22 November 2002 02:41 pm, Bill Baird wrote:
> I just installed BSD 4.4 and I have the basics set up with the X windows
> system.  First thing I want to be able to do is get on the Internet.  I
> tried to "make netscape47-navigator" but I get an error message saying that
> "GenericUserFolder-1-2-3.tgz doesn't seem to exist in
> /usr/ports/distfiles/zope/." and several error messages follow wich I
> assume is due to the initial error stated above.  I can't seem to
> find  simple instructions to getting on the Internet.  Also I have an
> existing account with "netzero.net", can I use this with BSD.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know why it's trying to pull in stuff from zope. Assuming you have 4.4
CD's, try installing the package direct from the CD instead. Mozilla is
another good choice.

If netzero.net is your typical internet provider, then it won't matter what OS
you are using. You might not get support, but they won't be blocking you.

David