Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:55:19 -1000
From:      Terrance Young <tyoung@hmsa.com>
To:        Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: arcnet support for FreeBSD (request for review)

Arcnet is pretty bullet proof (at least from what I've seen) sheesh the
thing runs with open ended connectors, half eaten thru cable,  splitters
upon splitters upon splitters... well from what I've seen in some
businesses it's a wonder its worked heh...

Rik van Riel wrote:

> > > what is arcnet?
> >
> > Old PC networking standard, limited to 2Mbit/S.
>
> I believe there is also 16 and 100 Mbit arcnet
> hardware available ;)

Yup, Thomas Conrad had cards that came with a proprietary 100 Mbit
Arcnet card and one other company that escapes my memory at the moment,
Not too sure about the 16Mbit ones though.