Date:      Sat, 09 May 1998 21:18:41 -0400
From:      drifter@stratos.net
To:        Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any one still use UUCP?

On Sat, 09 May 1998 01:07:09 EDT, Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com> wrote...
> [...]
>The best use that I have made of it is UUCP over TCP for
>scheduled mail transfers. Folks without a dedicated line and
>who don't want a dailup going up and down for each bit of mail
>sent out can benefit from UUCP's queuing and scheduling. It
>is also better than the sendmail domain queue run directive.

	Hmm... I also grab mail in batches off the internet.  Except
I use a cron script that runs every four hours.  As part of the script,
/usr/sbin/sendmail -q is run after a ppp connection is established
(via /usr/sbin/ppp -background, so the phone doesn't keep going up and
down :) ), and the waiting mail is queued out.  The ppp process is
killed after the script is done.
	Probably more work than it's worth :)
        I didn't know you could run TCP over UUCP, though.

	-Drifter

	(I hate it when I spell something wrong in the Subject: header!)