Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:49:09 +0100
From:      Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccardd initializes interf. too late (arpwatch port exits earlier...)

Andreas Klemm wrote:

> BTW, I got it managed now to configure rc.conf right for my
> Xircon PCMCIA card. But ports like arpwatch startup earlier
> and exit, because they can't find an ethernet device early
> enough.
>
> What possibilities do I have, to give pccardd to initialize
> the xe0 interface first and then starting network things ...

You might want to check out the PAO stuff before you go any further -
I'm not sure if it addresses this particular issue, but the scripts are
different from the standard distribtion.

  http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/PAO/

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (181) 742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (181) 742 5995