Date:      Sun, 13 May 2007 17:08:43 +1000
From:      Sam Lawrance <boris@brooknet.com.au>
To:        David Thiel <lx@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: xorg 7.2 ready for testing

On 12/05/2007, at 12:22 PM, David Thiel wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 05:28:17PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> Once we have enough success reports and have dealt with all reported
>> failures, we will proceed with the next stage, which is to import
>> into
>> CVS.
>
> One failure so far:
>
> x11/nvidia-driver causes failures by installing its driver *as*
> ${X11BASE}/lib/modules/drivers instead of *in* that directory if the
> directory doesn't exist. If you use the Nvidia driver, you should
> manually mkdir /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers before upgrading.
> This is
> fixed in git.

On a related note; a friend had trouble upgrading with lots of GL-
related failures.  We found on the ModularXorg wiki page that you
should sets WITH_NVIDIA_GL before upgrading if you want to use the
nvidia driver.  I have added this to Edwin's amended update
instructions at

http://wiki.freebsd.org/XorgUpgradeCorrected

I hope it's correct.