Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:08:49 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
To:        Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.dev.nanoteq.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NOT! KDE 1.1.2 package for current seems broken

On 1999-10-28 11:30 +0200, Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.dev.nanoteq.co.za> wrote:
> It seems that the qt-1.42 package of current is different than that
> of the 3.3. packages ... I just installed the current version of
> qt-1.42 and now kde 1.1.2 is working fine ...

Well, KDE and Qt are written in C++, and with C++ the times of compatibility
between object files compiled by different compilers (or even releases of the
same compiler) is gone ... There is no "official" algorithm for name mangling.

The compilers in -stable and -current are different, and that means you
better recompile all C++ libraries left over from -stable (and do not even
try to install Qt libraries for -stable) on -current, but you already know
that ;-)

Regards, STefan