Date:      Sat, 09 Mar 1996 22:16:21 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Whee! Page Fault!

THIS MAIL WAS DELAYED BY A MAIILER CONFIGURATION PROBLEM - SORRY ....

Hi, Reference:
> From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
> Subject: Re: Whee! Page Fault!

> > I did an 'ls' on the CD and got a page fault, kernel panic, a window of
> > goodies flies by and I reboot.  I haven't had a kernel panic in so long, I
> > figured maybe I'd better report this one to someone.  SOOOO...here's what
> > we'll put here:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Off hand, I suspect the CD9660 FS of being unstable, but maybe that's
> just me being prejudiced against grody code...

FYI
I just got a repeatable system freeze while doing (on a simtel cd-rom)
	cd /cd/_/msdos/memutils
	vi descript.ion
Curiously though this worked fine:
	tar cvf - . | ( cd /usr3/tmp/memutil ; tar xf - )
	cd /usr3/tmp/memutil
	vi descript.ion
I'm running current from maybe 6/8 weeks back.
I have no more detail to provide, sorry
(this err. was on my stable (no not `Stable') `good' system,
my other unstable `sick' freebsd box is consuming my free time,
so have no time to investigate)

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/