Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 07:45:25 PDT
From:      "Jason Convry" <jconvry@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   questions

Hi my name is Jason. I'm going to buy a computer for college(Virginia
Tech) and they use your FreeBSD system. I had some compatibility
questions.. (www.xfree86.org is down or something i can't get it)
Anyway, here is a couple of things i was going to get that i'd like to
know if they would be compatible or not:

-AMD k6 -2
-DVD Rom
-video cards? either ati xpert@play or diamond viper (pci or agp?)
-Maxtor ultra ata HDD
-relisys monitor
-awe64 sound

someone told me freebsd (or x windows) doesn't support dvd's and that i
wouldn't be able to use an agp graphics card; only pci. I thank you for
all your time.