Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2007 06:37:30 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        ceo@l-i-e.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port: security/denyhosts

--------------enigBBEEEFB92C4684BFC1A5412B

Richard Lynch wrote:
> I thought the security/denyhosts port looked good, even if just to
> slim down that report I get every day about the hundreds of SSH
> attempts...
>=20
> And, hey, reporting back to denyhosts HQ and letting them notify the
> sysadmins of hacked boxen is a lot better than me doing it by hand.
>=20
> Only problem is, I'm stuck at Step 1:
>=20
> cd /usr/ports/security/denyhosts
> root@audio1# make clean
> =3D=3D=3D>  Cleaning for python-2.4.1_3
> =3D=3D=3D>  Cleaning for denyhosts-2.6
> root@audio1# make
> =3D=3D=3D>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> =3D=3D=3D>  Extracting for denyhosts-2.6
> =3D> Checksum OK for DenyHosts-2.6.tar.gz.
> =3D=3D=3D>  Patching for denyhosts-2.6
> =3D=3D=3D>  Applying FreeBSD patches for denyhosts-2.6
> -e:No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/denyhosts.
>=20
> I thought maybe I was missing Python, but I went and installed that,
> and it's in pkg_info
>=20
> Actually, I should also point out that I had to do portsnap fetch and
> portsnap extract just to get security/denyhosts to show up...
>=20
> Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that?...
>=20
> Or is there another package it relies on that I'm missing?

The command that is failing is:

happy-idiot-talk:...ports/security/denyhosts:% grep '.-e' Makefile=20
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,%%PREFIX%%,${PREFIX},' \

where ${REINPLACE_CMD} should expand thusly:

happy-idiot-talk:...ports/security/denyhosts:% make -V REINPLACE_CMD=20
/usr/bin/sed -i.bak

You should find the definition of that variable around line 2087 of
bsd.port.mk

If this does not work for you then either you're missing chunks out
of /usr/ports/Mk or you've got rogue entries in /etc/make.conf that
break that command or you're running on a version of the OS too old
to support "sed -i".

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20