Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 20:40:28 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: RELNOTESng now default in -CURRENT, *.TXT files removed

--==_Exmh_-1369723692P

If memory serves me right, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org> writes:
> >
> > bmah> Until then, renderings of the release documentation can continue
> > bmah> to be found at:
> > bmah> http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes/
> >
> > It seems that these documents are comes from -current (OK at this
> > time), but what's happen if we have 5.0-RELEASE? Both 6-current and
> > 5-stable of release documents are available on the web ?
>
> Work is in progress to put the release notes for all applicable
> branches on the main web site.  Actually, the required make(1)
> infrastructure has already been committed; we're just waiting for
> someone to change the build scripts on freefall to check out and/or
> update the release notes with the web site.

Just to amplify on this, I expect that we'll first see -CURRENT and
4-STABLE on the Web site(s) (I intend to MFC RELNOTESng before
4.4-RELEASE).  Not much preventing the MFC at this point, except for the
fact that I keep breaking "make release" on -CURRENT.  :-)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1369723692P

--==_Exmh_-1369723692P--