Date:      Thu, 14 May 2009 21:44:58 -0500
From:      Tim Nelson <tnelson@fudnet.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: E420R + (soon) FreeBSD.

Adam K. wrote:
> I just got one of these machines for $45. 4 450MHz CPUs, 4GB ram. Should be
> enough to do something fun with, hopefully :)
> I don't imagine there'll be any difficulties installing on an older machine
> like this, but I'll add the dmesg to the wiki, anyhow. Anything specific
> that'd be useful to the Sparc64 port for me to test?
>
>  -Adam

I have the same machine with the same specs. It's worked fine with
FreeBSD since 6.0-RELEASE IIRC. You should have no problems with the
base and the more common sparc64 ports. Mine was previously running as a
general purpose web box with Apache, BIND, MySQL, etc. All built without
a single problem.

If you have any problems, post here. I'm open to ridding it of Debian
and reinstalling with FreeBSD if you need some assistance. :-)

--Tim