Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 02:59:20 PDT
From:      "steve howe" <un_x@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp probs

i need the ppp expert that doesn't know what he's doing in a handbasket!
:)
-
my ISP upgraded his Linux box to redhat 4.0.  now my (2.2.1) PPP (iij)
establishes a link (PPP in caps), but i can do nothing more.
my windows 3.1 winsocket/netscape 2.02 works just fine still,
but my freebsd utilities can't "do" anything.
-
i can't enclose too much pertinent data, because of the connection
i'm forced to use now (hotmail.com).
-
my PPP routing tables look ok (except my UG is not UGc like i remember),
my default PPP debug logs look ok and show i connect, i am using
>the deny/disable lqr thingie ...
-
ping, whether alphabetic or numeric addresses just hangs.
same with ftp, telnet, nslookup, lynx, etc.
i am sure of my names/addresses in resolve.conf.
-
i have tried various other PPP scripts, but nothing makes any
difference.  help!
-
ps - anyone notice that the computer featured on Strange Univers
was running FreeBSD on Wednesday?