Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 15:13:23 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        am@f1.ru
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI problems?

Andrew Maltsev wrote:

> Btw, I see no more of that disturbing messages when I added AUTO_EOI1
> and BOUNCE_BUFFERS which I lost during upgrade..

	Looking over LINT on -Stable I see:

# AUTO_EOI_1 enables the `automatic EOI' feature for the master 8259A
# interrupt controller.  This saves about 0.7-1.25 usec for each
interrupt.
# This option breaks suspend/resume on some portables.

	I'm curious about how to figure out whether I have an 8259a, I see no
mention of it in a verbose boot message. Also, this option is listed
under ISA options, I'm wondering how this option would affect an Adaptec
2940 UW. I have that adapter and mine is PCI and as far as I know all
2940 UW's are.

Thanks,

Doug
--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet