Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 18:36:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vidcontrol questions

In reply:
> There is a conflict between the ISO color sequences adjunct to ANS 3.64
A> and the use of attributes.
>
> What does reverse video mean?  What does underline mean?
[snip]

terry,

user_default and kernel_default were provided for the purpose the
gentleman asked about.

vidcontrol only operates on the console, thus the question was
concerning the console.

there is no need to mung up termcap by giving nonstandard definitions
for standard items.

also, check case 'm': in syscons.c...  i believe it does follow the
SCO standard for changing colors seperately from the attributes you mention.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or