Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:25:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Paul Campbell <jpc@cs.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jpc@cs.rice.edu (John Paul Campbell)
Subject:   GENERIC won't compile on 2.2.2

HELP!

I just installed 2.2.2 from scratch last week.  I was able to configure
my kernel fine.  I tried again this week to add another option, and the
compile failed.  I then tried to go back and compile the GENERIC kernel
and it failed with the same error.  I reinstalled all the sources from
the CDROM and it still failed.  The error I get is:

gcc -c -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
-Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include
-DAPM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43 -DCD9660 -DFFS -DINET
-DKERNEL  ../../kern/kern_clock.c
machine/cpufunc.h: In function `hardclock':
machine/cpufunc.h:331: inconsistent operand constraints in an `asm'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

John
John P. Campbell
jpc@rice.edu
www.cs.rice.edu/~jpc