Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2014 10:16:44 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Vlad Movchan <vladislav.movchan@gmail.com>
Cc:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Miguel Clara <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 11 current testing ndis / kldload: bcmwl564_sys.ko PANIC
References:  <CADGo8CVGhPXvho-xSfJAjLxe5rc%2B4QYPCJLcDHjmQRogDZNntA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmoknZioM8mWFFJEdJgKeB6ixQFFqyyQAZgX-ALB-iHLKEg@mail.gmail.com> <CADGo8CUyayK05zC9oJQfMd69rW6noytJrDqGgEa-LQaudvOEbA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmokZZ6em=P%2Bm-eKB6AexNc14pP9axA9EuxD8vHYcapJFxQ@mail.gmail.com> <CADGo8CUpTvuBya2aF4P5DUhVLfjg0c%2BR3enNW=YdqOeWUCeN3g@mail.gmail.com> <610447.24251.bm@smtp117.sbc.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <CAJ-VmonyrUEYRkY8KrJziHv8%2Bb5oaYxmHOzqqyiScgPc9%2Bb9MA@mail.gmail.com> <CAGcYsVvK3G75SBcj1e5oO%2B2bcofEG%2B6L2NF%2Bbma5LfxRRLe5yw@mail.gmail.com>

On 24 January 2014 08:47, Vlad Movchan <vladislav.movchan@gmail.com> wrote:
> NDISulator on github (and mirror on gitorious) is a FreeBSD ndis
> module+binaries forked by Paul B. Mahol in 2009 (I've sent Paul's email
> address privately to Adrian).
> Almost every change in this project was made by Paul.
> My part is small - I've just discovered and fixed several panic/problems.

Is i kept up to date with -head changes?

> I've tried to submit my changes back to FreeBSD base tree via problem
> reports:
> One was commited: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/165630
> Another one is hanging without feedback:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/165622
>
> Few more fixes are depend on kern/165622. I have not created more PRs as
> without fix for panic described in 165622 new reports would be like:
> "I'm running something different than FreeBSD sources and it panics. And I
> have a fix for it. But you won't be able to reproduce and/or test it on your
> machine."
> I bet there are not much people who would like to spend their time on
> reports like this :)

HI,

Well, someone needs to break the fork up into pieces and submit those.
The FPU change is a good candidate - but it needs to be a sepaate PR
for that.

So, how about we start with the fpu change? Get it into a separate
enhancement PR, then email -arch and -current. I'll help you get it
reviewed and put into -head.

-a