Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:49:31 -1000
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pppd man page

} >
} > P.S. send-pr(1) or http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html - your choice.
} >
}
} I think send-pr's are a pain in the ass, I did one once for the floppy
} driver about 6 months ago, but got a email back stating it wasn't
} ??specific?? enough, can't we just email our little bugs informally to
} some mailbox?  Not to mention that I was annoyed enough about it I just
} let go of sending another send-pr and noone really paid attention to the
} bug until someone else stumbled upon it a few weeks ago (you've probably
} seen the numerous posts on that issue)
}

Supporting FreeBSD is probably a `pain in the ass' sometimes for the
folks that put so much into it for the rest of us.  Especially when
we don't give them a little help when we can.

FreeBSD is a cooperative effort.

When you find a bug, think of it as an opportunity to contribute.  Try to
provide as much information as you possibly can, to make it easier for
someone to repeat the problem.

FreeBSD is better than commercial software.  And it is different.  Don't
expect service in the same way you would from a commercial vendor.  It's
not only unfair, it's inconsiderate, and kind of dumb.

Service with FreeBSD is better, but it's like when you ask a friend to
help you, not someone you've paid a large sum of money to.  Let's not
be pushy with our friends.

Thanks

Richard