Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:04:37 -0600
From:      "NetNITCO Systems Administration" <joshadmin@netnitco.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Creating an e2fs filesystem under FreeBSD 4.5-Release

During the install of 4.5R, I created a linux partition.  However, I need to
create an e2fs filesystem on that partition and I haven't been able to
determine how to do this.  I can't mke2fs /dev/ad4s2 as that is not a valid
block device.  It seems that I need to create a slice for the new filesystem
(creating /dev/ad4s2a) and then create the filesystem, but /stand/sysinstall
does not give me access to the Linux filesystem.  I've searched on google
and posted my question on #freebsd on DALnet and Undernet and nobody seems
to know, so, I'm hoping that somebody on this list can help.

Thanks.