Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:16:25 -0200
From:      Tiago Cruz <tiagocruz@b4br.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with CARP implementation

Hy guys,

I'm novice in redundancy world, but I've read all documentation that I
can, like manpages, FAQ from OpenBSD.org and anothers but I still
without make my router redundancy works :(

My interfaces are this:

Master:
xl0: 200.200.200.1/29 (WAN)
xl1: 192.168.0.1/22 (LAN)
bg0: 10.0.0.1/24 (pfsync)

Slave:
rl1: 201.201.201.1/29 (WAN) * (I need other valid IP here?)
rl0: 192.168.0.2/22 (LAN)
xl0: 10.0.0.2/24 (pfsync)

The gateway from my LAN is 192.168.0.1

- How can I create the carp0 and carp1?
- In pf.conf, the $ext_if and $int_if will be carpX?

If your can send me some practical examples from rc.conf I will forever
thanks :-)

Brazlian Regards

--

Tiago Cruz
http://linuxrapido.org

"The box said: Requires MS Windows or better, so I installed Linux"