Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:51:43 -0700
From:      larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   root password

hi i installed FREEBSD2.2.7 on my computer theres just one problem.
i put in a root password on system install. my regular password works
fine.
but when i try to put in my super user password according to what i
remember when it asked me for my super user password and i put it in
 and then i remember going to a different menu.Thats the last time i
thought
about it until i tried it today and it wont let me in my system. Im not
conn-
ected to the internet yet through FREEBSD.Could you explain to me how i
can get in my system and edit the password to a new one. of course
paying
extra attention this time.       ThankYou in advance..........