Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 07:56:28 +0200
From:      Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems installing the new StarOffice version

Mike Smith wrote:

> Please always CC' emulation-related stuff to the emulation list.  If I
> get hit by a bus, at least then someone else has a chance of picking it
> up.  8)

Well, your first reply didn't came with a CC:, so I considerd that a
private response :-)

> > > Is this kdump or linux_kdump?  If the former, could you repeat with the
> > > latter?
> >
> > Sorry, didn't know about linux_kdump. Here it is:
> >
> >   4329 setup.bin RET   linux_time 895432581/0x355f3785
> >   4329 setup.bin CALL  linux_newstat(0x86b4924,0xefbfc590)
> >   4329 setup.bin NAMI  "setup.ini"
> >   4329 setup.bin RET   linux_newstat JUSTRETURN
>
> That looks better.  Check for setup.ini

There is no setup.ini on the CD.

> >   4329 setup.bin CALL  getpid
> >   4329 setup.bin RET   getpid 4329/0x10e9
> >   4329 setup.bin CALL  linux_open(0xefbfbdf0,0x800,0)
> >   4329 setup.bin NAMI  "/compat/linux/proc/4329/cmdline"
> >   4329 setup.bin NAMI  "/proc/4329/cmdline"
> >   4329 setup.bin RET   linux_open JUSTRETURN
>
> This is still *&^%*&^%$c stupid.
>
> >   4329 setup.bin PSIG  SIGSEGV caught handler=0x835e794 mask=0x0
> > code=0xc
>
> And this is the same problem.
>
> > This looks really funny. Does FreeBSD emulate the Linux /proc fs ? I
> > don't know WHY the did this, the older installer worked fine :-(
>
> No, it doesn't.  It looks like someone Got Smart.  Does the setup.ini
> file exist?  If not, try touching it and see what happens.

I will try that later. I HAVE gotten the damned thing to install now.
Remembering that the whole StarOffice setup is basically script-driven I
just picked an old version of the 4.0 I had lying around and used that.
It worked. Now the soffice program just hangs at startup :-(

ciao
  lutz

--
Lutz Albers, lutz@muc.de
Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.