Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:16:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      Adrian Gonzalez <agonzalez@starbase.globalpc.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Finding the IRQ# for an NE2000 ethernet card

Hello everybody

I have a bunch of NE-2000 compatible jumperless ethernet cards, but I
have no software or manuals for them.  They get detected at port 0300h
just fine, but I believe I'm not getting the irq # right, as I keep getting
"ed0: device timeout" when I try to configure them (with ifconfig).  I
have tried irq 5 and irq 3 so far, and keep getting the same timeouts.

Is there any easy way to check which irq they're set to?  Even if it
means using some DOS utility program, it would be better than recompiling
kernels for several irq's.

The card itself doesn't give much insight as to who makes it, etc.  I
doubt anybody will be able to tell from this, but I'll include the
relevant stuff written on the card:

2000JA  VER 1.1
307A
A 'YES Netware Tested and Approved' logo
two UMC chips
three Fil-Mag "chips"

And some other misc text such as:
this equipment complies with fcc class a
made in taiwan R.O.C.   :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have like 8 of these cards
lying around unused.

thanks

-Adrian