Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:24:48 -0500
From:      "Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM" <tforrest@mcs.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "John" <papalia@UDel.Edu>
Subject:   Im confused about CVSup - then again, whats new?

I've been reading many threads here about CVSup, and have even run it
for the first time.

I understand that it updates the source code.  But what source code?
Does it update the goods in /usr/ports/*?  I've never done a make
world.  Instead I've added stuff as necessary.  If I use CVSup to
update /usr/ports then I need to go into each of the app directories
under /usr/ports and run make again to have the system d/l and
install the latest version of software?  Or does CVSup bring down the
software packages?

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@mcs.net
http://www.mcs.net/~tforrest
And now, its time, for some useless, bandwidth wasting words of wisdom:
VirusScan - "Windows found: Remove it? (Y/y)"

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 5762 A3CC 8EA5 8542  9666 222B 61A9 2558

** Tag(s) inserted by Bandit Tagger98 - http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c918704