Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:05:42 +0100
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: move portmap(8) from /usr/sbin to /sbin

Hi,

>     should not have to run either, *even* for diskless boot.
>
>     What's all this about loopback mounts in fstab about?  What does
>     that have to do with diskless startup?

Ok. I just rethought everything. It seems that a move is
unnecessary because:

- Sharity light and cfs are started from /usr/loca/etc/rc.d
- diskless stations do not have anything to export

So are there any problems with the order change in /etc/rc.network
(moving portmap and mountd to network pass_1) you can imagine ?

Thanks for the fast response and your ideas.

Martin