Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 10:15:39 -0700
From:      "Firsto Lasto" <firstolasto@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   transplanting disks with PERC raid controllers...

Hello,

I have machine X that has failed, and I have an identical machine Y that has
not failed - both machines have identical RAID hardware - a Dell PERC 3.

I have not touched, configured, or even booted machine Y.

What will happen if, while both machines are off, I take all disks from
machine X and put them into machine Y, and then turn machine Y on ?

The configuration on machine X is four disks, that are combined into two
mirrored volumes.

As you can guess, I basically just want to move the disks and preserve my
system completely - I am very worried about losing data, or having the new
raid controller re-initialize things or otherwise trash things.

Any advice appreciated.