Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2017 16:20:52 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Karla Wiese <karlaw@accesstheweb.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Accessibility suggestion

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

Thank you for your suggestion, we will not be acting on it.

The specific link is to an article about FreeBSD which happens to be on
a hosting advice website.  If would be great if the website was
accessible, but we're not going to reject publicity just because it is
not.  Substituting another hosting recommendation site would not serve
the purpose and if the article appeared on another site that would
almost certainly be the result of theft.

-- Brooks

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 08:13:38AM +0000, Karla Wiese wrote:
> Hi,=20
> =20
> I wanted to reach out to you one last time.  Please see my previous email=
 below, if I don't hear back from you, I'll assume my suggestion isn't of i=
nterest.
>=20
> Thank you for your time.
> =20
> 		On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Karla Wiese <karlaw@accesstheweb.org> w=
rote:
> 	=09
> 			Hi,
>=20
> I was wondering if you knew the Hosting Advice hosting comparison page yo=
u guys recommend here (http://mirror.facebook.net/freebsd/pub/FreeBSD-www-d=
ata/news/press.html) currently doesn???t meet Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 (htt=
ps://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/) guidelines? That basically just means it???s no=
t usable by folks with certain visual impairments.
>=20
> I wanted to reach out in the hopes you would consider adding an alternati=
ve that's fully accessible for all?=20
>=20
> This page - http://wiht.link/host-reviews passes our accessibility check =
and would make a good addition to your page.=20
>=20
> There are many visually impaired individuals who are looking to start a w=
ebsite or blog and face the challenge of determining which web host to go w=
ith, having access to a review/comparison page will be invaluable.
g/report#/https://www.whoishostingthis.com/hosting-reviews/?wave