Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2017 12:33:41 +0100
From:      Alex Kozlov <ak@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@gmail.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deprecating / Removing floppy drive support

On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 12:00:28PM +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 10:27:57 +0000
> "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>
> > Incidentally FreeBSD is/was the only modern OS which could
> > still read 8" floppies.
Well, with proper* cable you can connect 8" drive to fdc and read
it pretty much on any OS that supports floppies.

*) http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/34_to_50.txt

> Really?  I still have an 8" drive and floppies laying around.  But try
> to find a controller for a modern computer which doesn't even have one
> for a 3-1/2" floppy drive..
I've tried to transfer 8" floppies a few years ago, it had not worked well.
I think it was 9-stable. In the end I bought kryoflux controller.

--
Alex