Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 07:44:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Craig Struble <cstruble@singularity.bevc.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Install Wish

On Thu, 20 Apr 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> > Redirecting the ncftp input from /dev/null to cause it to exit on
> > failure fixes this.  Looping can be provided with a shell "while".
> >

> Ncftp has a "-r" switch to re-"dial" and a "-d number" to specify the
> delay between attemps.

I think I was misunderstood. I meant in the install utility for 2.x. When
an FTP fails, a nice bright dialog box saying "ftp to ... failed" and my
only option is to hit the "Ok" button, when I'm frantically saying "No,
no, no, give me another chance!!!!".

I know I can use the ncftp -r option once I have things installed or if I
shell out during the installation process, but I really would like to
keep it smooth and simple; it's been one of the nicest things about
installing the 2.x releases.
	See ya later,
		Craig
--