Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 16:56:16 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 on Ultra 5?

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:23:54AM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does XFree86 run with FreeBSD on an Ultra 5?

No - see this page:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/DP2/hardware-sparc64.html#AEN29

Particularly section 3.5, unsupported hardware.  So far, only a serial
console will work, so it's not yet ready to act as a workstation.  You *may*
be able to get it running as an X server, but you will need to run the
display on another machine.  A friend of mine tried this a couple of months
ago with -CURRENT, but never got it working properly - whether because it
can't be done, or because he didn't try hard enough, I couldn't say. ;-)

Dan