Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:34:22 +0100
From:      "Peter =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lepp=E4nen?=" <pele02@handelsbanken.se>
To:        Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW question!

Yes I understand that I have to modify the file if I like to have addit=
ional services like ssh and ftp and so on.
But the standard rc.firewall script, simple type should give me access =
to DNS and HTTP.

Is this not correct?

/Peter

                                                                       =
                                                   =20
                    Server Admin                                       =
                                                   =20
                    <admin@sage-one.net>             To:     "Peter Lep=
p=E4nen" <pele02@handelsbanken.se>,                  =20
                    Sent by:                         questions@FreeBSD.=
ORG                                                =20
                    owner-freebsd-questions@F        cc:               =
                                                   =20
                    reeBSD.ORG                       Subject:     Re: I=
PFW question!                                      =20
                                                                       =
                                                   =20
                                                                       =
                                                   =20
                                                   =20
                                                                       =
                                                   =20
                                                                       =
                                                   =20

Peter, you will need to modify that very sparse basic script to allow a=
ny
additional services you want, like port 80 for http Internet services..=
..

At 02:24 PM 3.11.2002 +0100, Peter Lepp=E4nen wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Installed a box with 4.5-release on it. Added IPFW and rebuilt the ker=
nel.
>Then I enabled NAT and IPFIREWALL  in rc.conf (and disabled some other=

stuff).
>For start I changed the ipfirewall_type to "OPEN" to check that NAT wo=
rked.
>And so it did...up to this point everything worked great.
>But when I changed the ipfirewall_type to "SIMPLE" I could no longer g=
et
>out on the Internet =3D(. The simple type should give me access to do =
at
least DNS
>queries and run HTTP. It says so in the rc.firewall file anyway.
>The only modification that I have made to the rc.firewall file is addi=
ng my
>ip, net and mask of my two NICs.
>
>Is this a known problem or what? Can=B4t find anything about it.
>
>Can somebody help me before I loose my mind! =3D)
>
>Regards!
>
>Peter

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,