Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:17:15 -0500
From:      "Jason" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        "Brooks Davis" <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cable Modem Support

Thanks for the reply.  Shooting my ISP is something I have thought about for
months now :).  But need them because at least they do allow me high speed
win98 acess which is better than nothing.

As for ISDN....it seems the ISDN uses the same sort of conditioned line as
DSL.  So it would cost exactly the same to install either one.  I have spoke
with Covad and the ILEC here many times over this issue.  They seem very
set.  Its odd that a T1 can be installed for under $500 and cost around
$269/month....but Covad refuses to accept a Point to Point line ordered by
me for their service.  They say Contracts with the ILEC prevents me from
providing my own Local Loop.

anyhow....will have to wait out this Cable modem issue until the new two way
modems are released....they told me they would be out in 98....still
waiting.