Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:21:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        sebi@sorostm.ro (Sebastian DEAC)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix for 286

In a previous message, Sebastian DEAC said:

> Hello!
> My name is Norbert Hanigovszki, I am a student at the Politechnical
> University of Timisoara, Romania.
> I have an AT-286 computer running DOS and I'd like tu run a UNIX OS on
> it. I intended to install FreeBSD but it doesn't work with my CPU. Do
> you know if somwhere exists a UNIX wich runs on a 286 machine?
>
> Thank You,
>
>  Norbi
>
> Please send reply to:
> norbi@ltmpt.sorostm.ro

This was discussed about a month ago. Your best bet is to get Minix.
I'm not sure of the location for it. You should be able to run archie
or a web searcher to find it.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

MGB - British Racing Green on Top
      Castrol and Gerling green on the bottom - Peter Egan