Date:      Sun, 09 Jul 2000 21:35:57 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        wilko@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers list <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: why the RockRidge message?

Wilko Bulte wrote:

> I really don't understand why the cd9660 filesystem needs to whine about the
> RockRidge extensions everytime one mounts a RR cdrom. The code in question
> is:
>
>  if (high_sierra) {
>                 /* this effectively ignores all the mount flags */
>                 log(LOG_INFO, "cd9660: High Sierra Format\n");
>                 isomp->iso_ftype = ISO_FTYPE_HIGH_SIERRA;
>         } else
>
> Comments?

It does this for Joliet too. AFAIK, he idea is letting the admin knows
what format was recognized/mounted, and this is the wrong solution,
obviously (LOG_INFO or not). The right solution would be return this
information upon request through some mean. If you can figure out a
portable way of doing it, be my guest.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

		<jkh> _DES: The Book of Bruce has only one sentence in it, and it says
"the actual directives of my cult are left as an exercise for the
reader. Good luck."
		<EE> jkh: does it really include the 'good luck' part?
		<jkh> EE: OK, I made that part up.
		<jkh> EE: I figured it should sound a bit more cheery than how Bruce
initially dictated it to me.