Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 20:29:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>, Kim Okasawa <kimokasawa@hotmail.com>
Cc:        _@r4k.net, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   NTP security - (was Any security issues with root's cron job?)

The way we skirt the issue of having our own secure
source is to get our border routers to poll a couple
of servers on the internet and then the servers can
poll them.  There are a number of possible attacks on
this, but we're not getting 20 grand for our own
source anytime soon and at least this way we can
pin-hole the access-lists.  And since we're running
beefy border routers, any DoS based on amount of
traffic would be less likely to work.

I'm open to ideas.