Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:14:00 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        regis rampnoux <regisr@regix.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB floppy drive

On Sunday 09 February 2003 11:50, regis rampnoux wrote:

> I want to use my TEAC USB Floppy with FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE (CVS 31 jan
> 2003) but I can't.
> Who knowns that is wrong?
>
> da1 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 1 lun 0
> da1: <TEAC FD-05PU 1031> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
> da1: 20KB/s transfers
> I tried the mtools and mount_msdos to deal with it but I obtain only
> the error:
>  Can't open /dev/da1: Input/output error
>
> (I tried the others /dev/da1* devices too with the same result).
>
> umass1: Unsupported UFI command 0x08, 6 byte command should have been
> converted
> da1: reading primary partition table: error reading fsbn 0
> umass1: Unsupported UFI command 0x35
> (da1:umass-sim0:0:1:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x6, scsi
> status == 0x0

Did you ever get a solution to your problem? I have had this problem for more
than a year (also with a TEAC USB-floppy). Back in april last year when I
asked this question I someone pointed me to a patch that by now ought have
been commited to -STABLE, but I'm still having problems.

Anyway, try to read
<http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=52857+0+archive/2002/freebsd-mobile/20020414.freebsd-mobile>;
and install the patch. It worked for me in april.

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk