Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:09:46 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        merv <merv@spidernet.com.cy>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports availability

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:00:23AM +0200, merv wrote:
>=20
> during the last few days I have been attempting to download the latest=20
> available port for cvsup (without GUI) along with tripwire.  However, whe=
n=20
> attempting to download from the www.freebsd.org website 'ports' the=20
> relevant files for download are not found.

Can you be more explicit about what page has the problem?  The ports
tree is not kept on the ftp site in expanded form any longer, but the
website was supposedly fixed to not look there.

> When further attempting to download them directly via ftp I find that 'po=
rts'
> is not a directory.  Can you indicate from where I may obtain these and=
=20
> other ports for FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE?

The usual way is to cvsup the ports collection or use the portcheckout
port.  You can also use cvsweb to download port directories.

Kris
--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99--