Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 04:52:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu
Cc:        scott@statsci.com, jacs@gnome.co.uk, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: package names

 * > It is certainly possible to do something like this with the variable
 * > "PKGNAME".
 *
 * Doesn't DISTNAME pretty well cover this?  I'm not against improvement, if
 * it doesn't, just being careful of adding needless clutter.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, PKGNAME is already in there.

By the way, I said the same thing to Gary when he added PKGNAME in
bsd.port.mk, and he explained that it's not for new functionality but
simplification of ports Makefiles.

Satoshi (I was a wide-eyed kid back then)