Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2016 06:13:53 +0000
From:      Natasha Kerensikova <natbsd@instinctive.eu>
To:        Jonathan Anderson <jonathan@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.6 DM/i915 test report on Bay Trail (Celeron J1800)\

Hello,

on Monday 25 July 2016 at 10:54, Jonathan Anderson wrote:
> I've found on my Skylake machine that the modesetting driver is more
> stable and produces fewer artifacts than SNA. I got to this driver by
> deleting my /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/XX-intel-driver.conf
> entirely: without a configuration directive to use the Intel X driver,
> it just used the KMS stuff transparently.

Do you mean the "scfb" driver, instead of the intel one?

I haven't managed to make it work, but didn't try very hard. I read it
was unaccelerated, and I have already vesa that suits all my
non-accelerated needs, so I still wonder what would be the point of scfb
in my particular situation.

It doesn't seem to be present on the CFT image, because when I removed
all xorg conf, it showed exactly the same symptoms as my SNA testing, so
I guess (at least on the CFT image) X defaults to intel driver with SNA
acceleration.

Thanks for the help,
Natasha