Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 20:46:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Gary B. Clark II" <gclarkii@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, James FitzGibbon <jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do I commit a port? :)

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Gary B. Clark II wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've created a port of William Setzer's Curses for Perl5.  I've done all
> the testing I can think of (
> create package, install package, delete packge) and am now ready to
> commit it.  I've never done
> a port so....:)

Did you run it thru devel/portlint?  If it's clean there, and it does the
build, install, make package and delete package without a whimper, heck,
for a first time port, that's terrific!  Course, you're not the usual
first time porter ...

James Fitzgibbons has committed about 59 billion different Perl5 things
like that, and (so you don't commit a duplicate port) he should be checked
with, and I'm cc'ing here here.

I _WISH_ that there had been a p5 category made, because without that,
it's really hard not to do duplicates on Perl stuff.  There too darn many!

> Gary
>
> --
> Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
> gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team
>   Providing Internet and ISP startups - http://WWW.GBData.com for information
>        FreeBSD FAQ at ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/docs/FAQ.latin1

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |