Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 18:09:09 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        joelh@gnu.org, tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        bakul@torrentnet.com, dchapes@ddm.on.ca, rminnich@Sarnoff.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Improvemnet of ln(1).

I am somewhat reluctant to suggest this... but why not:
	A. use isatty on the stderr file descriptor to decide the
	   default behavior
	B. use -w to activate warnings for a non-tty
and	C. use -q to deactivate warnings for a tty

The reason I'm somewhat reluctant to suggest this is that I generally
dislike things that change based upon isatty... but this appears to be
an exception, just as is color ls' --color=tty option.

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu