Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:22:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Agent Drek <drek@MonsterByMistake.Com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /var/tmp /usr/tmp curiosity

|> Is this something that is just not done automagically?
|
|Yes.

good news indeed.

|> Does /usr/tmp need to exist?
|
|No.  It's not part of the standard distribution; I can't imagine where
|it came from if you didn't create it yourself.

I have been told that a port at some point could have created /usr/tmp
for whatever reason it thought was good. I will investigate and report
back if I find such evil.

I know that I did not create the dir myself because I can't remember
off the top of my head how to chmod a 'tmp' directory and this one
had the correct permissions. Where did that man page go ...

--
<chmod 1777 /usr/tmp>-ly y'rs,

    Agent Drek

Monster By Mistake Inc > 'digital plumber'
http://www.interlog.com/~drek