Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:37:41 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Jimmie James <jimmiejaz@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audacious-2.5.0 broken for anyone else?

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:37:11AM -0400, Jimmie James wrote:
> Removing audio/xmp fixes the xmp-audacious.so is not compatible with=20
> this version of Audacious
> Removing the icecast (libshout2) leaves Failed to load plugin=20
> (/usr/local/lib/audacious/Output/icecast.so): Shared object=20
> "libshout.so.5" not found, required by "icecast.so"

Audacious works fine here. But I don't have an icecast.so file in
/usr/local/lib/audacious/Output/.

I think it is a remainder of an older version that was not removed? There is
no icecast.so plugin in the pkg-plist of the current audacious-plugins port.

In my experience building Audacious tends to fail or produce incorrect resu=
lts
when you are building it with a previous version installed. Therefore I tend
to remove Audacious and its plugins before installing the new version. Maybe
that helps?

Roland
--=20

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8