Date:      Mon, 1 Aug 2011 12:12:20 -0400
From:      Michael Proto <mike@jellydonut.org>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 config for PF

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Chris <behrnetworks@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to get PF to work with IPv6 on a
> few FreeBSD machines, mainly regarding NDP and RAs. Does anyone have a
> sample ruleset they can share
> for a server system that has a few services exposed?

I'm running pf w/ IPv6 on a FreeBSD gateway, not an actual server, but
these rules might help you with your server as well (I also had a heck
of a time getting all RA/NDP services working until I fixed this
ruleset). The biggest gotcha for me was ensuring that link-local and
multicast was allowed to/from hosts on my LAN.

Here's a subset of what I had to apply in my ruleset:

6lan = "2001:1111:2222::1/64"
table <v6local> { fe80::/10, ff01::/8, ff02::/8 }

pass  in  quick on $lan inet6 from { $6lan, <v6local> }
pass  out quick on $lan inet6 to { $6lan, <v6local> }

As this my internal network, I allow all traffic here and then filter
incoming/outgoing ports and whatnot on my WAN interface, but hopefully
you get the general idea.

-Proto