Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 03:27:26 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@IQM.Unicamp.BR>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD problems

Pedro A M Vazquez wrote in message ID
<199605142001.UAA01815@kalypso.iqm.unicamp.br>:
> This is a 486DX 33 with 16M RAM and an Adaptec 1742 EISA controler running
> 2.1.0-R the CD is an external Sun (Sony) we used in the past with Sparc
> machines.

> what bothers me it worked fine in the past with 2.0.5 and 2.1.0. We have used
> it for serving data bases without problems, then it was unused for the
> last 3 months. I double checked cables, termination, etc and all seems Ok.
> Do I have a hardware problem here (this systems stays up forever if I'm not
> using the CD) ?

This is weird ... as far as I know, Sun CD's use 512 byte sectors for
their transfers, whereas normal CD's use 2048 byte sectors... I'm
surprised it worked at all.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.