Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 19:23:40 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        davidg@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install being a bit funny?

Hi

Our install(1) will not install scripts if -s is part of the command
line (as done by autoconf). There was a patch for this that was backed
out by you, but I am unable to follow the history if this beyond that.

Please fill me in on why this route was followed (ie why you prefer
to have install bomb when it cannot strip a script?

I am trying to fix our xboard, which depends on autoconf, which depends
on this, so I am trying to find the best place for the fix :-(

Thanks!

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key