Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:09:35 +0100
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   powerd vs power_profile

hello,

powerd(8) man page says that when used with power_profile they may
override each other. and indeed i experienced a strange behaviour that
might be contributed to it -- i unplugged/plugged my laptop a few times
with a few seconds interval between and suddenly it stopped responding
to AC line changes together with some strange behaviour like for
instance bubblemon dockapp freeze etc. it got back to normal in 30 secs
or so.
i did not find, though, an explanation/example on what to do if one
wants to use powerd. (?)

martin

ps: bubblemon is a good indicator for me if something goes wrong with my
laptop. i believe there's a bug in my bios because sometimes when i try
to change LCD brightness quicky the system sort of freezes -- some
applications run correctly while others stop (i think the ones that
sleep and redraw their window regularly) -- this happens on freebsd as
well as on windows and linux. :-((