Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:53:56 -0400
From:      Barry Tigner <tigner@pilot.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Release 4.1

I have installed FreeBSD 4.1 Release on Friday ,July 28th around 10:am
EDT.

My system is

ABIT KA7 mainboard
Athlon 900mhz thunderbird cpu
128MB PC133 memory
Maxtor 52048U4 7200 RPM HD 2M buffer AT-66
Kingston KTC100 PCI nic
Nvidia TNT2 video
SoundBlaster 16 ISA

My problem is

I get the following messages on the screen while logged in as root

Microuptime went backwards  4799.69nn  --> 4799, -73nnn

the system seems to be trying to tell me that the system timer count
has gone backwards. What appears to be odd is that the first number
is in proper  nnnn.nnnn format but the 2nd number has a comma which
makes the number appear to be 2 numbers.

I suspect this is a problem in the C code for this function ,where a
comma was erroneously typed instead of a period ".".

I might be able to fix this myself, but any help you could give on this
problem would be appreciated.

Barry Tigner
tigner@pilot.msu.edu