Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:04:09 EST
From:      PHANGNYQ@aol.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   unix installation

 i am having a problem installing free bsd
 my machine have no other operation system on it
 i spoke to the tecnicians at walnut creek and the could not help me

 installation instructions
 (1) makeflp
 (2) boot from the floppy
 (3) select installation with visual mode
 (4) delete the slice then i create a freebsd slice i set the slice bootable
 (5) i use the auto defaults and allocate the swap, var and usr files
 (6) i then did a install all
 after installation i tried to boot
 i got message can't find kernel
 my boot msg is 0:wd (0,a) kernel

 thank you
 i really wish if you can help me
 i am really  frustrated
 please help (i am screaming and pulling my hair out i have an assignment to
 complete (laugh) )