Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:28:39 -0400
From:      "John Fitzgerald" <jjfitzgerald@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Root access loggin

You can patch bash to log commands to syslog/remote/etc:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:y0SGTs8EoTYJ:www.linux.it/~carlo/somehacks/bup/bash-2.05b-syslog_udp01.patch+bash+perassi&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

I set this up on a few machines and it's not too hard. You can also
run a cron job to see when/who is logged in (w + netstat, for
instance) and then send an email/text message, so he can't login and
get rid of the logger without you knowing it. Or for the more
elaborate setup:

http://www.honeynet.org/tools/sebek